January 10, 2016 Leave a comment
I have finally finished my first attempt at putting my essential tools on my tools panel. The goal is to make it really, really, really easy (no more excuses) to put the tools back right after use, so my rather small and narrow bench doesn’t end up cluttered with tools in minutes:
Whenever possible, I tried to reuse some scraps of wood, e.g. American cherry from the rocking chair project. For example I managed to put my Veritas medium shoulder with its miniature sibling:
Most of the fixtures are quick and dirty, but I still managed to make a few nice-ish one, e.g. to hold my Japanese saw in padauk:
and one for my Veritas wheel marking gauge:
And here is my first attempt at fixing my mallet, not nice but functional:
As I said, most of these fixtures are just quick first attempts, and time will (and is already) tell which ones need to be improved!
p.s. apologies for the quality of the pictures, I will try to remember to use a better camera next time!